Thursday, February 12, 2009

One Week After

A week ago, I was sitting in this chair urgently sifting through e-mails and SMS-es,
A week ago, I was folding programme booklets which sat in my lap,
A week ago, I was anxiously waiting for the moment which would define all our efforts as a team,
A week ago, The International Students' Night finally arrived on the 6th of February 2009.

Stubbornly insisting on attending my tutorial, I woke up at an early 7.45am to gobble down some bits of food before I headed off to class, loaded with materials for both my teams. Tutorial flew by before i knew it and there it was... time for the action to begin : the setup, the rehearsal and finally, the hour of performance...

As time creeped slowly towards our defining hour, I found myself nervously pacing the halls, muttering to myself, "This is it... This is IT!". So you may wonder... did it live up to expectations??

To be honest, there were slip-ups, blunders, mistakes(which I shall not mention) which occurred during the brief two hour period which defined us. Time flew by so swiftly as I ran up and down the halls, most probably making myself the most disliked person as I pounded on doors and ordered people around. I could not really remember a time when I stood at a spot for more than 5 mins. But as quickly as it had come, as quickly did it sweep past us...

Looking back at it now, I would say that we did put on a good show! For sure, there were the little technical mistakes which only the team would have noticed and there was the big blunder in the middle of the performance, but all in all I would say, it was A GOOD JOB - not perfect, but sufficient to leave an everlasting impression on the audience...

So all the sweat, tears and frustration, was it worth it? I couldn't really say right now, as the glory of it has not completely worn off yet but I would admit this : As much as I had considered quitting my job at the beginning, I am now proud to say that I have been a part of ISN'09 Organizing Commitee, perhaps not a major contributor, but a small part which helped make this event what it was...

Thank you guys! For all the support, encouragement and help lent to us... couldn't have done it w/out u!

Over n out,
sh@rkL!ng...
P/S : Sorry for the mysterious nature of the blog... wanted to compress all my feelings into one post... seems it is too long alredi and I can't quite make up my mind on my feelings :p

No comments:

Post a Comment